We were hoping to get some news this week on possible travel dates but it just didn't happen. Patti and I were both very disappointed. Our agency is very conservative in giving out information. They won't give out information unless it's almost certain. They may have an idea of specific travel dates (from staff members in Kazakhstan) but will not give it to us until they actually have verbal confirmation that an official Letter Of Invitation has been written and signed by the appropriate people. They do this because international adoption and working with foreign governments is so unpredictable that they don't want adoptive parents to be disappointed when things change, as they so often do. We have a regularly scheduled conference call with our agency on Monday; we are hoping to have some good news to report soon.
I'll be taking some pictures of the nursery this weekend and post them here. We also bought our first video camera a few weeks ago. I just couldn't resist getting the one with the most bells, whistles and buttons! I kind of have an idea on how to turn it on, point it in the right direction and work the zoom but thats it! I have to figure out how to get the video to my computer, edit, upload it to YouTube and then post it on our blog. It could very well come down to reading the directions, but I'm not ready to stoop to that level quite yet!
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi, I just found your blog link from another blog.
We returned from Karaganda in June 07 with our daughter. If you'd like to chit chat feel free to e-mail me at kristans@cox.net and we can get together from there.
I look forward to following your journey to a place that is so dear to our heart.
Once you are there it will become clear why your agency or just about any agency for that matter is unable to pin down dates. They work on "Kaz time". It's a very laid back country (at least Karaganda is) where they are in no hurry to do anything. One of the biggest adjustments for Americans, is slowing down and getting out of our hurry up and fast paced way of life.
Hah! I found you!
As you know, we just returned from Karaganda in December with a beautiful little man! We had a wonderful time there. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at saboykin64@bellsouth.net. I will be happy to help you in anyway that I can.
Best advice for now: BE PATIENT! I know it is so tough, but God knows what he is doing and he will get you there when the timing is right! We had to wait through the summer shutdown in Karaganda, but had we gone in the summer, Nicholas would not have been ours! And I am 100% certain that he was meant to be our son!
Sonya
Post a Comment