Monday, March 24, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

This is just a quick note to let everyone know that we made it home safe and sound. It felt so good to sleep in our own bed on Friday night; it was like sleeping on a cloud! Patti and I decided to take Monday off since we had such a busy weekend (Easter & Patti's birthday) but will return to work tomorrow.

We miss Daniel and can't wait to bring him home! The mandatory 15 day appeal period will expire on April 3rd. Our translator will then need about a week or so to complete our paperwork. We hope to make our return trip around April 10th or so. We will then fly to Karaganda and pick him up from the baby house and fly him to Alamty. In Almaty, we need to apply for his passport and also take him to the US Embassy for his medical exam. The three of us will then fly home and begin our lives together as a family!

9 comments:

Kristan and Mark said...

I hope the time flies by!

Welcome home. Make the most of this time together as a couple because you will soon wonder what you did before Daniel arrived (smile)

Miranda said...

I am glad to hear that you made it home safe. Your time home will fly by. You will have Daniel in your arms before you know it!

Maegan and Tony Van Sant said...

We are glad to hear that you made it home safely. Before you know it, it will be time to go back and get Daniel!

Remember to enjoy the quiet now! When you get back, everything will be different! Oh, and Tony recommends seeing amovie before you head back... I think he misses seeing them often!

Maegan and Tony Van Sant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maegan and Tony Van Sant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Brian & Patti,
Glad to know that you guys are back! You must be missing Daniel terribly! Wont be long though before he is here with you for good. Cant wait to meet him!
Toni & Joe Pallotolo

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Okay, I think I missed a ton of entries... I just caught up. Welcome home, and yes- enjoy the quiet now. April 10th will be here before you know it and you'll be bringing that gorgeous little guy home! Congratulations. He truly is a beautiful little boy. What a lucky family you all are!

Anonymous said...

Breathe in, breathe out, then repeat. For 3 weeks............ I can't wait to meet him.
Dawn

Sonya said...

Welcome home! I know you cannot wait to get back to Daniel, but I promise the time will go fast. If you are like us, you have alot to do in these 3 weeks to get ready for the little guy!

Sonya